Thursday, October 9, 2008

Pet Peeves on Flickr

One thing that really pisses me off is people on Flickr who give meaning full titles to there photographs and put poems along side them. Here is an example:

THE ISOLATION
Good morning my isolation…What relation do I share with you…I was scared by you in my teenage…I was young and always in rageYou were a stranger to me…And I always thought we wont ever go alongTime changed… and now.. I know… that you are there in shadowsAlways watching me… and waiting for the right moment to hold meI was rejoicing in joy… and hunted by euphoriaI never knew… ill see u again… my so called happiness never told meIve never been loyal to you… I thought I can fool youThought that ill keep you in the dark… and tried to fakeNever knew what a stupid thing .. it is to do wid youBut you were still there smiling .. you came back… may be for my sakeThen … everyone left… and u came again…I missed you… now the only thing ive got in my life is you…Now on I don’t want to trust on so called loyal friendsSo called "my people"… I made a mistake… and I paidYou must be laughing on my illusions… but still you are my only friend as I saidDon’t leave me in good times again… Now I am having good time with you…Things cant get better….This time I know… I wont regret for this later
Anirudh Agarwal

What a load of crap! Personally i think people do this to make themsleves seem more intelligent than they actually are by quoting some petry, most of the time it is lifted from soemone else. It is almost as if they are trying to justify their photograph. surely the photograph should stand alone as a decent photograph?
I have found this more prevelent here in india and mostly by guys. I think it is that mental machoistic attiude of showing off, or in other words tryign to sound intelligent so that they can chat up girls and with a mind to getting laid. Sad twats. Here is a typical description from a western post on Flickr:

Photography by Jeff Mawer08070023strobist: Nikon SB800 camera left with grid spot; Nikon SB800 behind Joe and pointing towards camera; smoke coming from a mixture of a smoke bomb and the cigarette

Far more descriptive dont you think? I also had, past tense, a friend who kept putting poetry on his photographs. He is good, very good, so i told him that he doesnt need to justify them as they are good images. He got pissed off with this and blocked me writing comments and took me off his friend list and has never spoken to me ever again. His loss. Childish. Especially from a man in his 40s. I have go so pissed off with the Indian photographers on Flickr i never look at their images out of principal now and dont even bother logging on. Most of them are just 'street photographs', they are all street photographers in india, boring passe. If i see another village woman in a ghaggra, choli and odhani again i will scream. Only decent images for me from now on.

I am thinking of starting a group on flickr called Poetry Is So Stupid On Flickr and Facebook or the acronym PISS OFF. so when you see some twat on Flickr writing a load of bollocks request them to join PISS OFF so every one can laugh at them. Then as a comback to this i will up load images with the title 'twat' or 'arse' or some such rubbish like that, and write a peom like:

'spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam, lovely spam wonderful spam, lovely spam wonderful spam, lovely spam wonderful spam, lovely spam wonderful spam, spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam'

3 comments:

Anirudh Agarwal said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anirudh Agarwal said...

i would request to remove dat poem frm ur blog.

emski said...

hey but at least the poetic-photographers have somewhere to go to meet likeminded friends for their list eh?

(so no chance of any more ghaggra-choli shots then... damn)